"And Yet " (detail)
18 x 24 - oil on canvas
'Award of Excellence -
2014 Icons of the West
David Mensing's work is represented by the following galleries:
Clearwater Galleries; Sisters, Oregon
Chasen Galleries; Richmond, Virginia
Cobalt Fine Arts Gallery; Tubac, Arizona
Dana Gallery; Missoula, Montana
Deselms Fine Art; Cheyenne, Wyoming
Matt Mcleod Fine Art Gallery; Little Rock, Arkansas
Worrell Gallery; Santa Fe, New Mexico
David Mensing's work has been exhibited at numerous museums and shows throughout the country, including:
The National Cowboy and Western Heritage Museum; Oklahoma City
- The C.M. Russell Museum; Great Falls, Montana
- The Buffalo Bill Center of the West; Cody, Wyoming
- The Brinton Museum; Big Horn, Wyoming
- The Holter Museum of Art, Helena, Montana
- The Yellowstone Art Museum, Billings, Montana
- The Missoula Art Museum, Missoula, Montana
- Paris Gibson Square Muesum of Art; Great Falls, Montana
- The LaSells Stewart Center, Oregon State University
Dave's painting 'Meant to Fulfill' was recently featured on the cover of Santa Fean Magazine's holiday issue. Portland Magazine used his painting 'Cannot Be Contained' for the cover of their autumn issue in 2015. Mensing's work was featured in the February 2014 issue of Southwest Art as well as past issues of American Art Collector, Southwest Art, Western Art Collector and Big Sky Journal.
In 2016, David won 'Professional Juror / Best of Show' in Art and Soul. Other national awards include:
- Award of Excellence / Best Landscape; Southwest Art, Western Icons
- Jack Richeson Award; Confluence Exhibition, Waterworks Art Museum
- Finalist; 21 Over 31 Competition, Southwest Art
- Third Place; Mirror Pond National Exhibition
- Artist's Choice; Western Montana Paintout
Mensing graduated from Cal Poly, San Luis Obispo and enjoyed a full scholarship to attend Scottsdale Artist's School. He also painted and studied with his good friend, Robert Moore, during a six-year apprenticeship.
David's paintings are in numerous private and corporate collections around the globe. Selected permanent collections include:
- The Brinton Museum; Big Horn, Wyoming
- Paris Gibson Square Museum of Art; Great Falls, Montana
- Stoneridge Creek Lodge; Pleasanton, California
- Umberto Chierico; Altamura, Bari, Italy
- Protneuf Medical Center; Pocatello, Idaho
- Five Valleys Land Trust; Missoula, Montana
- Treasure State Bank; Missoula, Montana.
Current prices for small paintings (5x7 to 12x16) range from $300 to $1,200. Medium paintings (16x20 to 24x36) range from $1,400 to $4,000.
Current prices for large paintings (30x40 to 54x72) range from $4,000 to $15,000.
Prices for David Mensing's original paintings have appreciated
over 50% since 2015.
David Mensing considers the title of a painting to be part of the overall composition - the title of each of his paintings has real meaning and real identity.
Dave is powerfully moved by the beauty of creation and believes that we can learn from our experience of it. The character of God - his eternal capability and divine nature - can be clearly seen in that which he has created. Every title that David Mensing uses is a statement about God's character and the spiritual experience of creating the painitng.
If you are curious about the particular title of any David Mensing painting, please contact us. We would be happy to provide you with a reference and explanation of the title.
Thank you for your interest in David Mensing's Fine Art. If you would like to know more about David Mensing and his work, please contact us at this address:
We would be pleased to:
~ Provide additional information about any piece represented here
as well as other works by the artist
~ Provide assistance in purchasing a painting
~ Discuss terms for commissioned works and gallery representation
talks with a collector
during the opening reception for 'A Common Majesty' -
a solo show at Dana Gallery
David Mensing's painitng 'Meant to Fulfill'
on the cover of Santa Fean Devember / January 2015
David Mensing's painitng 'Cannot Be Contained' on the cover of Portland Magazine, Autumn 2015
As a Professional Western American Artist since 1997, David Mensing has become recognized worldwide.